What insurance do international students need?

What insurance do international students need?

If you’re planning to study in the US, UK, Australia or Canada, insurance to cover the costs of healthcare, travel, your belongings or vehicles may be required

The prospect of travelling abroad to study is exciting. However, as well as contemplating the new world of opportunities that could potentially open up to you, you’ll need to have a think about the admin too. One of the most important preparations you can make is to get the right insurance.

There’s a big student insurance market out there with various levels of coverage, so you’ll need to look at the variables, length of stay, country-specific rules and what activities you might need coverage for, for example if you are into extreme sports!

The most common insurance types that you will need to factor in are health insurance, travel insurance, vehicle insurance and contents insurance. Below, we take a look at what to expect if you are setting out to study in the UK, the US, Canada or Australia

Read more here